Did you get the Summer Issue of Georgia Forestry Magazine in your mailbox? It is just one of the many benefits of GFA membership, and it is packed with information that is focused on keeping you connected to resources and empowered to make good decisions about your forestland asset.
In this issue:
- We highlight the Forestry Equipment Tax Exemption which is on the November General Election ballot for Georgia voters to approve (VOTE YES)
- Georgia Forestry Commission provides some management advice to landowners who are combating trifolate orange, a nasty invasive species worse than privet (yikes!)
- Pierce Timber provides a perspective on the looming labor crisis for the harvest and haul sector, written by new writer Martel Sharpe.
- We talked with DS Smith about the circular nature of the forestry supply chain.
- New writer Amanda Coyne discusses the Security & Exchange Commission’s proposed rule on ESG reporting and how it could potentially impact forestry businesses.
Click here to read the online version. If you would like to learn more about joining GFA, visit our website.