- This event has passed.
Promoting Peace of Mind – A conversation about heirs’ property & succession planning
March 25 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
About this event
Many farmers are:
- Overwhelmed with legal challenges that impact their farms
- Finding it difficult to maintain financial obligations
- Facing uncertainty due to the pandemic and natural disasters
- Not getting enough sleep
- Overworked and risking burnout to maintain their farm
- Experiencing health-related challenges
These are the people who work hard every day to ensure that we have food to put on our tables. If we as a society aren’t willing to commit to ensuring their mental and physical well-being, then we’d better learn how to use a plow and a hoe and start growing our own food!
McClendon Law and Consulting’s role in this initiative, made possible by a grant from the United States Department of Agriculture’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture, is to present workshops on a range of topics involving the legal side of a farmer’s wellbeing, including estate and succession planning and addressing heirs’ property. We will also have the opportunity to provide some reduced-cost legal services to these critical members of our community.