Upland Hardwood Silviculture and Management Workshop
May 18 @ 8:00 am - May 20 @ 1:00 pm$300
Participants will learn:
- Silvicultural systems and regeneration harvest methods suited for upland hardwood stands
- Considerations for intentionally managing both pines and hardwoods in the same stand
- Natural hardwood regeneration
- Artificial hardwood regeneration
- Herbicides and hardwood management
- Hardwood timber stand improvement practices
- Crop tree release principles
- Managing degraded stands
- Management practices to improve wood quality
- Prescribed fire and its role in upland hardwood stands
How One Will Benefit
Upon completion of this course, a forest landowner or land manager will be able to make effective silvicultural and management decisions on regenerating and managing upland oak forests. Participants will receive pdf copies of presentations to keep as references.
Who Should Attend
Foresters, land managers, forest landowners, loggers, and others interested in effectively managing their hardwood stands.
The fee for this course is $285 which includes meeting registration link and instructional materials. There is a $50 discount for fees paid and postmarked by May 4, 2021.
Continuing Education Credits (applied for)
- 12.0 hrs Continuing Forestry Education (CFE) credits– SAF Category 1
- 12.0 hrs Continuing Logger Education credits – MTH Category B
- 1.0 hr Cat 23 and 1.0 hr Cat 10 Pesticide Applicator credits for GA
Full Attendance is Mandatory to Receive Credit
Notify Ingvar Elle at 706-583-0566 (email@example.com) by 5:00 p.m. May 10, 2021 to receive a refund.
**Interested participants must have an e-mail address in order to view Zoom webinars.**